Sunday 12 August 2012

Target Audience

So in the last post I was asking myself some important questions which will be instrumental in the beginning stages of the project.
In this post I will be looking at and trying to find the target audience which I hope to aim my project at and why.

What is a Target Audience?

A Target Audience is a very specific group of people within a target market which a product is specifically aimed at. This can be formed of people of certain Gender, Age and Social Status. For Example, games such as COD(Call of Duty) are aimed at young men from the ages of 16-40 years of age. Other games such as Cooking Mama on the Nintendo Wii are mainly aimed at a much younger audience, usually children between the ages of 3-10.

I believe that the most important thing about finding my target audience will be how my idea progresses and what my design looks like.

My Target Audience - 

Age - I am looking at creating a video game for a younger generation. The game which I am looking at creating will be aimed at 10+. The reason for this relates to the genre of game I will be creating.

Gender - The game that I am looking at creating will be for both genders.

Other - The Game will be aimed at people who are loosely interested in history but from a not too serious point of view. This means that the game will contain be fun but at the same time give the player the option to gain a little bit of knowledge about the ancient Roman times.

No comments:

Post a Comment