Saturday 25 August 2012

Final Environment For Video Game - Board Game Style


These are some stills from my final environment. The image above is from the final platform. The toon effect which I have applied to the models is supposed to be like a piece from a board game.

The reason that I have made the models this colour is because I wanted them to look like board game pieces, kind of like chess or draft pieces.
This effect was necessary to my design because my video game is supposed to look similar to a board game.


These next two images are overview shots of my final environment. I decided that I would use lots of columns and platforms which worked as stages for player to move up. There are three main levels to the game, but there are some sub levels which add extra spaces for the players to move along.



These images are from the Patrician level of my ancient Roman structure. The buildings that I used for this level were much more grand than the buildings on the Plebeian level. Buildings which were on this social level were much more spacious than buildings such as Insulae. People who owned these houses were middle too upper class people.



The remaining images are from the bottom level of my structure. The bottom platform of my structure is the the plebeian level.



These tiny square shapes in the image above act as stepping stones for each of the players counters. On this first platform there are three different ways that players can move through to get to the steps.



The small platform in the left hand side of the image above is were each player starts. 


2 comments:

  1. Adam.

    I have seen your blog but there is no button appearing allowing me/ others to follow.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why this isn't working, my privacy settings say theyre allowing people to view my blog, I'm trying to find a way to let people follow it because apperently I've been reading on forums that they have removed the follow buttons from blogger but I'm going to try and work a way round it.

    ReplyDelete