Monday 13 August 2012

Roman Objective

In order for me to start properly designing the game I need it to have an objective. In this last post when coming up with design ideas I talked about a puzzle based game which was based around making water run from point A too B.
Throughout this post I will be looking at important facts about Romans which could aid me in coming up with a solution to my objective problem.

As I will be looking at creating a Roman city, I think that starting to look at important and influential Roman buildings will be a good start to help me find a base point for this game.

What are the most important buildings in Rome? 

- The Pantheon
- The Amphitheatre
- The Basilica
- Circus Maximus
- The Colosseum
- Thermae
- Curia Hostilia
- The Forum

Whilst thinking about an objective and looking at the different buildings which have important meaning or purpose I have decided that The aim of my game will be for players to get from point A too B.
Point A of my video game will be the starting point, like most board games. Point B of the game will be the location in which players need to get to in order to complete and win the game. However, the finish point of the game needs to be an objective for the players. Why is it necessary for the players to get to that point?

Some of the buildings which I will be looking at include, The Curia Hostilia, The Roman Forum and The Pantheon.


No comments:

Post a Comment