Monday 13 August 2012

Ideas...

Now I have worked out what my Target Audience will be I can come up with ideas for a video game.

What Game will I design?

Whilst thinking about creating a game I decided that I wanted to take inspiration from old and modern board games.
Over the remainder of this project my aim is to create an environment for a video game. This environment will be set in a Roman time period and will be designed to look like a board game but will have 3D aspects added to it. Instead of designing a flat board game I will be trying to create a 3D Roman city which will act as an environment for players to move through.

Whilst researching I decided that I wanted my target audience to be from the ages of eight and up, however as I have had more time to think I may consider a slight change because of the historical factors that I am looking at adding.
I will be looking to add a historical fact to the game which will give it an objective. For example; If I wanted to create a puzzle game which was based around the Romans then I would look at basing it around how Aqueducts work. The objective of the game would be to move and pick parts of the Aqueduct to help the water flow from the river and into the city before the time runs out. A good example of this would be the mini  game in the Video Game Bioshock.


Throughout the game you are required to hack systems, this mini game challenges the player to pick different shaped pipes, fit them together and making sure that the liquid flows from point A too B before the timer runs out.

The Roman Aqueduct puzzle game is a good example

No comments:

Post a Comment