Monday 20 August 2012

More Art Research

After looking at Afro Samurai I have decided to look at a different game which is also Cel Shaded/ Painted but uses it in a different way.


Bastion is an Action/RPG Video game which was produced by an independent company called Supergiant Games. The player takes control of 'the kid' as he moves through a fantasy themed floating environment defeating enemies as he comes across them.


As well as the art style, I have also chosen to look at the game Bastion because of the way that it has been designed. The game is presented as a two dimensional game with an isometric camera which gives it a three dimensional effect.

One of the main reasons that I have chosen to look at this specific game is because of the art style. Bastion has an amazing and unique hand painted and colourful art style.


One of the things that I really like about Bastion is the design of the game. When designing my game I am hoping that I can create a similar floating island style but have each of my platforms held up by columns.



The images above and below are amazing examples of beautifully hand painted textures. Although the game is more simple than others, the way it is layed out and painted really make this game.


No comments:

Post a Comment